COURSES & PROGRAMS
Idaho State University
UAS Online Course/Seminar details
Continuing Education/Workforce Training offers a 3-part online course on UAS history, technology, and real world applications.
Unmanned Aerial Systems Program details
The College of Technology offers basic and intermediate technical certificates in UAS, a UAS Associate's degree in Applied Science, and a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Science.
Catalog of UAS-Related Undergraduate Courses details
Masters of Geographic Information Science program
The Department of Geosciences offers the course: Unmanned Aircraft System Applications for the Geosciences.
FAA Drone Pilot Testing Centers in Idaho
Find all Idaho FAA authorized knowledge testing centers in the table below. You must pass the remote pilot test at an authorized testing center to be compliant with the new FAA Part 107 regulations. To schedule, call the number for the authorized testing center you select and provide the Site ID when asked.
|City||Site||Address||Scheduling Service||Site ID|
|Boise||Jetstream Aviation, Inc.||3591 Rickenbacker||1 (800) 211-2753||LAS83704|
|Bonners Ferry||Northern Air Inc||64602 Hwy 2||1 (800) 211-2753||LAS83801|
|Caldwell||Air O Drome Training Aviation Inc.||517 Dauntless Pl.||1 (800) 211-2753||LAS83604|
|Kimberly||Gem State Transportation||3590 N 3300 E||1 (800) 211-2753||LAS83301|
|Pocatello||Avcenter, Inc.||1483 Flightline||1 (800) 947-4228||ABS83201|
- Brad Ward, President
- Jason Pfaff, Visual Services Manager
Alta Science & Engineering, Inc.
- Darrel Ramus, 208-786-1206
Idaho National Laboratory
- Matt Balderree, Chief UAS pilot
Idaho State University
- Donna Delparte (Assistant Professor, Department of Geosciences — Lidar, SfM Photogrammetry, UAS, GIS)
- Chuck McNeel (College of Technology, UAS Instructor)
- Darren Leavitt (College of Technology, UAS Instructor)
Boise State University
- Nancy Glenn (Professor, Department of Geosciences — Lidar, Hyperspectral imagery, UAS)
- Edoardo Serra (Assistant Professor, Computer Science — Precision Agriculture, Data Analytics)
University of Idaho
- Jan Eitel (Research Assistant Professor, Natural Resources — Remote Sensing, Precision Agriculture)
- Lee Vierling (Professor, Natural Resources — Remote Sensing)
- Jae Hyeon Ryu (Associate Professor, Idaho Water Center, Boise)
- Jason Karl (Assoc. Professor, Natural Resources — Rangeland Ecology)
- Dev Shrestha (Professor, Biological Engineering — Precision Ag)
- Eva Strand (Assistant Professor, Natural Resources — Remote Sensing)
- Paul Gessler (Professor, Natural Resources — Remote Sensing, GIS)
- Janet Rachlow (Professor, Fish and Wildlife Sciences — using UAS to monitor sagebrush habitat)
(more to be added)